Contact: [email protected]
020 7407 7445
Unit 1, 14 Weller Street
London, SE1 1QU
Foster Lomas are responsible for protecting your personal information, and are classified as a ‘data controller’ under applicable data protection legislation. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
This statement will only cover this website and not the websites that may be linked to from this website.
Information that we collect:
Your personal data may be collected by us in a number of ways, including:
- when provided by you via personal, face to face contact and/or email or telephone interactions with employees of Foster Lomas;
- through our provision of services to you, your employer or the organization you represent;
- during the course of dealings with you for or on behalf of a client;
- when you contact us, for example, to enquire about our services;
- when we collect publicly available information about you or your business and;
- when we collect your personal data from our clients, consultant, suppliers and other advisers.
The types of personal data we may collect include;
- contact details, including name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- professional information, including job title, previous roles, company and professional experience;
- details of your visit to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, browser being used and operating system. Note that none of this statistical data identifies you as an individual;
- information provided voluntarily by you, for example, your personal interests, when you request further information or sign up to our mailing list;
Why we collect this information:
The lawful basis for which we process your information is;
- your consent;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party;
- where we believe we have a legitimate interest, for example;
- where you have previously purchased, or been directly involved in the purchasing of, services from us and we believe similar services may be of interest;
- where we have collected your details at a networking event, meeting or by way of introduction from an existing contact.
“Legitimate Interests” in this case means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business in establishing and maintaining with you a mutually beneficial, working relationship and, in the case of processing your data, in marketing our services including providing information about our services which are or may be of interest to you.
If you have any concerns about the processing detailed above, you have the right to object to any processing that is based on our legitimate interests.
We occasionally use a third-party provider, HubSpot, to monitor our communications. We may also occasionally use a third-party provider, MailChimp to send newsletters to subscribers. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletters and communications. For more information, please see MailChimp and HubSpot’s privacy notices.
When you share your data with us, you can specify whether you would like to receive digital marketing communication from us. If you want to edit your details at any point you can access the privacy controls for our digital communications via any emails from ‘Foster Lomas, selecting the ‘Update You Details’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ links at the bottom, or you can email us at [email protected] to update your preferences.
Transfer and storage of your personal data
We keep your information for no longer than necessary. We will retain your information for any period required by law, for example, in compliance with HMRC requirements. Where not under legal obligation to retain your information we will determine what is necessary by reference to the lawful basis for processing set out above and our legitimate interests.
Your data will be stored in our database and may be accessible by employees of Foster Lomas where it is necessary for them to undertake their duties with regard to business development.
We ensure that your information is kept secure by putting in place suitable physical, electronic and corporate policies to safeguard information we collect from you. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We will never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstance:
- we are under legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so;
- you have consented to us sharing your information;
- in order to investigate or respond to or resolve problems or inquiries of defend our interests (including, but not limited to, professional indemnity insurers, brokers, auditors and other professional advisors).
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data.
For further information and explanation about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Access to, updating and correcting your information
The EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 gives individuals the right to access and amend their personal information. If you would like to request a copy of your information or would like to change the information we hold about you, please contact us at [email protected]